11 September 2018
The EU Internal Market Sub-Committee hears evidence from transport specialists about the impact of Brexit on future UK-EU transport arrangements.
- Parliament TV: Future UK-EU transport arrangements
- Future UK-EU transport arrangements
- EU Internal Market
Thursday 13 September, Committee Room 4A, Palace of Westminster
- Alan Braithwaite, Chairman of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, Freight and Logistics Policy Group
- Andrew Meaney, Head of the Transport team, Oxera
- Dr Matthew Niblett, Director, Independent Transport Commission
- Beyond the more immediate concerns related to customs and capacity, what opportunities and challenges does Brexit present for the UK’s maritime sector in the medium to long term?
- Is there a positive case for UK divergence from the ‘governance and market pillar’ of the EU’s fourth railway package?
- What would be the implications of UK divergence from EU technical standards and interoperability requirements for rail?
- Are there any useful precedents for EU agreements or arrangements with third countries on driver licensing and testing?