Press Release: Secretary General’s Press Conference on Trident Juncture 2018
NATO Headquarters, Wednesday 24 October 2018 – 9:00 (local time)
The Secretary General, Mr. Jens Stoltenberg, will hold a press conference to brief the media ahead of the upcoming NATO exercise Trident Juncture 2018. The exercise will unfold from 25 October to 7 November in central and eastern Norway; the surrounding areas of the North Atlantic and the Baltic Sea, including Iceland and the airspace of Finland and Sweden. More information is available at https://www.nato.int/cps/en/
Location – NATO Headquarters, Brussels, Main Press Theatre
Coverage and distribution
The press briefing will be available in original sound and as well as English and French interpretation live on NATO’s website. Original sound, as well as an English, French and Russian version will be available on the NATO website after the event.
Accreditation and access
- Media representatives in possession of a new 2018 NATO media pass can access to the NATO HQ directly by tapping their badge at the turnstiles (NATO HQ Guard House South, media entrance, full address below).
- Media representatives not in possession of a new 2018 NATO media pass can replace their old 2018 permanent badge by following the instructions in Annex 1.
- Media representatives not permanently accredited and wishing to attend the event are invited to request ad-hoc accreditation directly at the main entrance of NATO HQ on 24 October, starting from 08:00. They will have to present an ID and a valid press card (provided by a recognised national professional body of a NATO country – i.e. Government, Professional association, Union of journalists).
- Media representatives not in possession of a valid press card are invited to send a signed letter from their editor to the NATO Accreditation Office, no later than Tuesday 23 October – 15:00 (Brussels time) to NATOaccreditations@hq.nato.int
- Media representatives should be aware that a security check will take place, and security personnel will examine equipment and personal effects carried onto the site.
Points of contact
Accreditation Office: NatoAccreditations@hq.nato.int
Press arrangements: Mr. Jean-Philippe Juneau – Tel: +32 (0)2 707 17 64
General Queries: Front Office – Tel: +32 (0)2 707 50 41
Video on demand: email@example.com – +32 (0)2 707 12 27