Read Time2 Minute, 48 Second
|25 May 2021
PR (2021) 079
- A meeting of the North Atlantic Council (NAC) at the level of Ministers of Foreign Affairs, and a meeting of the North Atlantic Council at the level of Ministers of Defence will be held via secure teleconference on 1 June 2021. All information about these meetings will be available on the NATO website.
- The meetings will be chaired by the NATO Secretary General, Jens Stoltenberg.
- On Monday 31 May 2021 the NATO Secretary General will brief the press ahead of the meetings of the NATO Foreign Affairs Ministers and Defence Ministers.
- In order to comply with the COVID-19 precautionary measures in place, NATO will facilitate remote media coverage as follows:
- NATO is offering journalists the option to ask questions remotely via Zoom to the NATO Secretary General during his press conferences. Journalists wishing to do so are kindly requested to register on https://NATO-DefForMinJun2021.eventbrite.com by no later than 28 May 2021 at 15:00 (Brussels time).
- Registered media representatives will be contacted separately for technical details. While every effort will be made to accommodate as many questions as possible, time limitations might not allow all questions to be asked.
- The Secretary General’s press conferences will be broadcast live on the NATO website (www.nato.int), as well as on Twitter and Facebook, and made available live via satellite (world feed). After each event, the videos will be available for free download from the NATO Multimedia Portal (www.natomultimedia.tv).
- A transcript of the Secretary General’s remarks, as well as pictures taken by NATO photographers, will be available on the NATO website.
- The press conferences will be available in original sound, English, French, Russian, Dari and Pashto.
PROGRAMME AND INTERACTION WITH MEDIA
- The meetings will take place in the afternoon of Tuesday 1 June 2021.
- A pre-ministerial press conference by the Secretary General’s will take place online on 31 May 2021. The Secretary General will also brief the press online on 1 June 2021 after each session of the North Atlantic Council Meetings at the level of Ministers of Foreign Affairs, and at the level of Ministers of Defence.
- The media programme and information on the available audio-visual products will be published closer to the ministerial meetings on the NATO website.
- Information about individual ministers’ media engagements should be sought directly from the national delegation(s) concerned. A list of press officers in the national delegations to NATO can be requested to the Press & Media Section.
Mrs. Alina Coca
Telephone: +32 (0)2 707 1465
Press and Media Section
Telephone: +32 (0)2 707 5041
Accreditation / Registrations
Mr. Angelo Pacifico
Telephone: +32 (0)2 707 83 46
Technical support for questions during online press conferences
Mr. Bart Vandendorpe
TV & Radio arrangements via satellite
Mr. Bart Vandendorpe
NATO Video on demand
Telephone: +32 (0)2 707 12 27